Monday, June 21, 2010

I rescued a duckling.

I'll admit it, the only reason I'm really doing this is because Ashley's doing it. I'm caving under the peer pressure. I think I started one of these when I was twelve and emo; didn't we all? Hopefully this one will be a bit more polysyllabic and a lot less angsty.

On that note, my dad got a Facebook. Don't get me wrong, my dad is awesome (read: friend my dad RIGHT NOW if you know him), but I'm pretty sure he's the type to go through all my pictures and ask me what I was doing on the night of January 27th, 2008. I don't know how you people with tech-savvy 'rents put up with it. I messaged him the other day; he's been on several times since and never gotten back to me. I never thought I would be paranoid about my own father's facebook activity. Change is good, I guess.

I've been in California since...Wednesday. What a debacle that was. One canceled flight led to $30 in food vouchers (because I'm awesome/ever fungry? Some people got $6--suck on that, Delta.), $100 in travel vouchers (not enough), and a solid three hours waiting in line. Lines, actually. If I woulda actually had things to do I would've been incredibly frustrated and angry (like the French woman next to me. Hot.) like I get in the middle of traffic jams when I'm late. In the words of Barney Stinson, "Hell, I'll punch a baby."

Yesterday, all these ducklings were stuck in the pool at my mom's place. After the gardeners couldn't get them out, I figured I'd give 'er a shot. I got one out (!!) but of course he quacked around in a circle for about 15 seconds before he just jumped right back in to join his siblings. It was sort of funny; once I got up to try to rescue them the couple of others in the pool joined me. Bystander effect, or what?

Man, my transitions suck.

What else? Oh, I'm in love with Bradley Cooper. He speaks fluent French and graduated from Georgetown in HONORS English. Don't say I never taught you anything. I know Renee Zellweger was Roxy and all in 'Chicago', but I'm sorry, the girl ain't hot. Her and Cameron Diaz. For different reasons, but same category. I give it six months before he finds a CZJ.

I applied for my second job in California. I don't know if I actually want it. But, to quote another beautiful man, "Risk nothing, gain nothing." I hope he's right.

Oh, and here's a picture to brighten your day:



Enjoy. =]

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I know this picture!

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm following you! :) I enjoy your company so naturally, I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete